Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sourdough crust

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picture036.jpg
<p />My adventure with sourdough is improving. Got a call from the bookstore, Rinehart book came in and I'll pick it up today. Thanks to Hoss for the recommendation.[p]My dough is enough for two loaves. Here I'm cutting in two the fermented dough after kneading and resting.

Picture005.jpg

Using a rolling pin I flatten out and then roll up the dough. This is where I need to work out a signature style of loaf but this will do in the mean time.

Picture006.jpg

Here the egg is doin its thing with fire bricks, still waiting for a pizza stone to arrive at my dealer. But the bricks work well and this time I had the egg chugging along at 500 dome. A little egg wash and the higher temps did the trick when making a good looking crust. Thanks Chubby and all others who offered bread baking advice,.... this forum is the best.

Picture018.jpg

I'm happy with the improved look of the crust, my salt mill makes a difference also! Oh yeah.....this sourdough tasted soooooo goooood.
Clay

Picture020.jpg

[p]

Comments