Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Pork (Naked Whiz style)

MattMatt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All --[p]I'm going to try my first pulled pork on the Egg this weekend. I've got plans for Friday and friends coming for dinner on Saturday, so I anticipate a 12-hour cook on Saturday. I've already rubbed the shoulder to get the pellicle working.[p]So, I was looking at the instructions on Naked Whiz about how much charcoal is needed for an overnight cook. I anticipate that a 12-hour cook will take a comparable amount of time (the amount of energy transferred to the meat in either case). But, in the NW picture, it looks like there is a significant amount of fuel left over. How much do I really need? How about placement of my wood chunks within the firebox?[p]Thanks a bunch.[p]Matt

Comments