Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flatiron steak recipe

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Surprise! Local Kroget has them on sale...Never learned how to grill one since they were not available.. How about a recipe? Going to pick up one of these cuts now....

Comments

• memphis egg
    Options
    Babyray,
    My local Kroger has the exact same thing going on. I went to foodtv.com and found a recipe for Szechwan Marinated Flat Iron Steak. Look it up.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Babyray,[p]This showed up a few weeks ago![p]Beef, Flat Iron, Salad, Thailand

Marinated a flat iron steak in some fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, and brown sugar. Cooked on a very hot grill (750+) for 2 minutes a side, shut down the vents and roasted for 2 minutes a side. Combined with chopped mint and cilantro, sliced shallots, and a dressing made from lemongrass, garlic, chiles, lime juice, and fish sauce. Secret ingredient is ground toasted rice spinkled on finished salad--adds great flavor and texture.My wife claims: Best meal ever.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Salad, Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, DaytonEgger, 02/06/07

[p]

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Babyray,[p]I use the hot tub method, preferably with a healthy dose of Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express (great for the heavily flavored meats) and then grill it for about 3-4 minutes a side when my dome is in the 550-600 range. Its dense but fairly thin so you have to be careful not to overcook it - we like ours medium rare at most. Oh - best to cut it in thin strips for serving.
  • ArvadaMan
    Options
    Babyray,[p]I have had one of Kroger's flatirons. I really liked it. I did mine soaked in teriyaki sauce and then dusted with tsunami spin. Cooked at about 400 until medium. Rested and sliced thin across the grain. Amazing.
  • DaytonEgger
    Options
    IMG_0882.jpg
    <p />Richard,[p]Here's the pic of that meal.