Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Le Poulet Pitit Squawk avec Pomme Bourrant

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited 2:35PM in EggHead Forum
BGEHeatDiffuser014.jpg
<p />We are getting snow, hoooray! Time for more comfort food.[p]A good inexpensive wine to start the evening off right.

BGELePoulet1_07004.jpg

Mrs. Santa gave me a nice heavy duty enameled pan for Christmas....and it fits the large so I put it to work right away with a traditional chicken roast.

BGELePoulet1_07001.jpg

BGELePoulet1_07003.jpg

BGELePoulet1_07006.jpg

I enjoyed this so much, now I'm thinking of making this again.
Mode bon vieux cuisant.
Clay

·

Comments

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    ClayQ,
    wow looks real good.....tres delicieux j'en suis sure!!
    too bad we can't just reach in the screen and grab a piece of that chicken.
    mike

·
  • MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    ClayQ,
    What did he say?

·
  • meinbmw,
    I think he said he aint from nowhere near wher I am. LOL

·
  • ClayQ,
    Very nice chickens and excellent wine. Very nice, AZ

·
  • ClayQ,
    Why the unnecessary foil drip pan in the bottom of the egg and what is the deal with all the steam coming off the birds as if the air in the egg was cold? Also no steam/smoke coming from the egg itself or visible coals.[p]You didn't pull them out of the oven and throw it in a cold egg for a photo op? ;)

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    <a href=
    <p />No name jokester,[p]you must live somewhere that doesn't get cold![p]brisket.jpg
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    AZ Traveler ,
    Thanks man. Having a little fun with organic game hens. Did a Mad Max gravy with the wine and it really turned out great. The stuffing had dried cranberries and apple mixed in, something different and it all came together for a great dinner. Those birds were a little pricey at 12 bucks each.
    Clay

·
    AlaskanC,
    Nice job.

·
    mikeb6109,
    Thanks,...When I made this I was joking with Diana saying that I'm doing a French poulet roast...then one thing lead to another and she added a few names. I think it means something like; Small chickens with apple stuffing. The "Squawk" was added when we was drinkin the wine.

·
  • ClayQ,
    i don't know about you, but i airbrush all my photos in photoshop, from scratch. it's all fake.[p]even if it is fake, it's dang good lookin yardbird!

·
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Yeah, food impressionism on digital format. Beautiful art.
    You're an artist with the camera....keep up the great work.
    he he,
    Clay

·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    ClayQ,
    pitit is actualy wrote petit but hell it was readable!!the real transition would actualy for your english would e in french"le petit poulet farce de pommes" but hell i got it when i read it!!
    mike

·
  • AlaskanC,
    is that bear butt?

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Of course it is!! :)
    ·
    mikeb6109,
    Hey, I like "farce" added. That sounds even better. "Squawk" is what the bird said to the butcher.
    A glass of wine to ya Mike, thanks.

·
  • scolescole Posts: 29
    ClayQ,[p]Yeah, where's the snow around your egg in the last photo? It's kinda lame to post photos of fake cooks.
    ·
    scole,
    I did the cook on the egg January 6, 2007 when we had no snow. I added the opening pic of my recently snow covered eggs as I'm in the mood to cook some comfort food, like this egged chicken again.
    This forum is all about cooking on the egg and enjoying each others comments and criticism. I stand by my posting and you have made an incorrect accusation.
    Clay[p]

·