Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold, Dreary Day in Eggville

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
icytemp.jpg
<p />We had a little bit of ice overnight here in Atlanta, just enough to form a single icecicle on my temp guage. I can't tell you how good it is to have at least one of my Eggs back - did some pork tenderloins last night that turned out great (sorry, no pics). [p]So what are you folks cooking this weekend to warm you up? I'm either doing chicken or ribs. Might also make some soup of some sort.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    My brother and sister-in-law are coming over from Atlanta this weekend. Pistachio and sesame encrusted tuna will be on the menu Saturday night. I'll try and remember to get some pics.[p]Jim

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    beans2.jpg
    <p />TRex,
    I'll trade you ice. Ribs on Sunday, I'm also thinking a pot of bbq baked beans.[p]Mike

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    TRex,
    I am turning a couple of Corned Beef Briskets into fantastic Pastrami despite the cold and wind here in Central Mass. Will be celibrating the Patriots win over the Colts with beer and Pastrami sandwiches. The weather has been fantastic here except for the last couple of days.

• bayouegger
    Options
    Ribs, Dizzy Pig cruncy wings and if Car Wash Mike would share that bean recipe, BBQ beans. Man those look great. This will all be on Sunday about 2:00 CST when hopefully the Saints will be whipping some Bear Butt!!

Geaux Saints, after the year and 1/2 we've had.....we need something to cheer about!

Steve

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    TRex,[p]I'm making a couple of pork butts because my sister wanted pulled pork for her birthday party tomorrow night. (so technically its not the weekend.....)
  • TRex,[p]Gonna try some ribs. I'll be paying the local butcher a visit tomorrow. It will be my first time ever at cooking them on a grill so it will be a learning experience. Did some in the oven many years ago with mixed results.[p]TRex, at least your cold dreary day in Atlanta will be short lived, hopefully, and not last 2-3 months as in Wisconsin.
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Those are some fine looking beans. Looks like they would go well with just about anything. What do you have in there? Looks like some pulled pork, fried bacon and other fixins'. Ever make what's called Alabama Baked Beans? Just may have to make a batch on the gasser (wife thinks one BGE is enough) to go with planned ribs this weekend.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    MikeM,
    I have made them so many times so many different ways. Oklahoma Eggfest, I will try to have a decent recipe for everyone. Pulled pork, smoked ham, burnt ends, rib meat, which ever seems to be in the freezer.[p]Mike