Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg....... just to let folks know how things went.

Options
Sailor61
Sailor61 Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up my new large egg on Friday, went together easily.
Fired it up early on Saturday to see how things went - 500 degrees about 10 minutes after lighting. Had company coming for dinner that afternoon and decided to go for it and use the egg rather than the oven. [p]First shot was some sliced kielbasa - came out with a nice crisp exterior. Did the bourbon marinated pork tenderloins for the main course - WONDERFUL. Only trick is how do you get the older folks in the crowd to give up on the ancient idea that pork has to be incinerated in order to be "safe"? Brought this up to an internal temp of 165 - very nice.[p]Did the Cornell Chicken (marinated in egg, oil, cider vinegar, seasonings) yesterday - the PERFECT chicken. And it was left ont he fire a bit too long - it was pouring out and I got lazy so the thigh temp was about 12 degrees above done when I pulled it off. Tender, flavorful, no need for sauce or gravy.[p]Trying some small steaks tonight.[p]So far I'm very happy with the egg - and if I'm this happy before I have any expereince with the ins and outs of its use - I can imagine it will only get better.

Comments