Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Final Results Picture.......

20061225_0483.jpg
<p />Picture of the 4 bone in Prime Rib that weighted 9.7 lbs......[p]Came out perfect. I did sear it and did lose some amr hair in the process but it was well worth it. At one point I had some concerns on whether or not I would be able to get it off of the egg since it was flaming up so much at 600 degrees.
·

Comments

• HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    WVU_Egg,[p]Wow!
    ·
  • WVU_Egg,
    very nice/ uniform color without the ring of well done at the edge. How did the cook proceed after the sear? I would do this, except for the lack of rendered fat for Yorkshire....

·
  • Frozen Chosen,
    I actually had 2 Prime Ribs cooking that day. The first one (8 lbs) had a lot of the fat trimmed off. This one had more of a fat cap on it that I didn't trim off. THus the sear was very intense and very dangerous. But after the sear, and resting for 25 minutes or so, I merely cooked indirect at 310 using my BBQ guru. Used some hickory and some cherry chips but not enough to overpower the meat.[p]This one was rubbed with the Raising the Steaks rub by Dizzy Pig and I used some Billy Bee Honey Mustard. On the other one, I just used plain old Sea Salt, Pepper and yellow mustard. [p]Egg'd both until 125 internal and they both came out perfect Medium Rare. Plenty of leftovers for family members to take so everyone is happy today.

·