Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops on the Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,[p]Bit of a novice egger here; I've done pork ribs, steak (T-rex), chicken, brisket and roasted turkey on the egg, but I haven't ever tried lamb yet.[p]So, a simple question: what's the best way to cook lamb chops on the egg? T-Rex them like a little steak? Longer, lower heat? Any help would be much appreciated by our Christmas Eve diners.[p]Thanks, and Merry Christmas all.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Paul K,
    Here's how I do mine :[p]Barbecued Lamb Chops [p]8 (1-1/2 inch thick) loin Lamb Chops[p]Marinade:
    3 T. fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
    2 T. Honey
    2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
    2 tsp. dried Oregano (crumbled)
    1 tsp. dried Rosemary (crumbled)
    1 tsp. minced Garlic
    1 tsp. coarse Salt
    10 T. Vegetable Oil
    2 T. Olive Oil[p]Combine first 7 marinade ingredients in a bowl and let stand 2 minutes.
    Slowly whisk in both oils in a thin stream.
    Cover and let stand 1 day.
    Score fat on lamb at 2-inch intervals.
    Place lamb in shallow baking dish.
    Whisk marinade, then pour over lamb; turn to coat both sides.
    Let stand at room temp. 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning
    occasionally.
    Cook on a raised grid at 400 degrees to desired degree of doneness, basting with reserved marinade.[p]

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    Paul K,
    We use T_Rex exclusively with lamb Racks and they are exquisite. I sear for 2.5 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other. Then while the grill temp is coming down I smear a paste on the racks. The paste is a concotion of mint jelly, mint leaves, dijon mustard and garlic. The racks go back on until they hit 124 to 130 internal. Awesome Note, I position the racks on the grill with the bones off the fire to prevent burning.