Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoke Cheese Again!

egretegret Posts: 3,997
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I tried again with the smoked cheese. This time I followed Old Dave's charcoal recommendation and put 5 briquets in the egg and lighted them with my propane torch. I put 3 small pieces of hickory on the briquets after they turned "grey", then put in the cold plate setter (legs up) with a pan full of ice on plate setter. I put the regular grid on the plate setter with a raised grid attached. Put the cheese on the raised grid and let 'er rip. It looked like it was getting too much smoke after a few minutes, so I took one of the hickory pieces off. I smoked them for about 1 hour and 20 minutes (the dome temperature never got over 78 degrees). There was plenty of smoke flavor in the cheese afterwards (in fact, maybe a little too much). As Dave said, a little goes a long way! Next time I'm just going to put one piece of wood on the briquets. Anyway, here is is the shot of the cheese after smoking. It doesn't look much different than it did before smoking, but, it sure has an unbelievabe and fantsatic taste :
SecondAttempt.jpg

Comments