Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Pork Tenderloin Question

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
edited 7:33AM in EggHead Forum
What's a good internal temperature for pork tenderloin? Nothing fancy, just direct on the grill until delicious. I'm think'n 140°.[p]Spring "White Meat Cook'n Pink Meat" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

• BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Spring Chicken,
    Got a couple ready to roll and 140 is the goal.
    (Poet and don't even know it!)

• BBQfan1,
    Thanks. The package said 155 to 160 and that sounded a bit "over kill." I don't know of a single person who has died from eat'n pink pork.[p]Spring "Slightly Under-Done" Chicken

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,034
    Spring Chicken,
    We normall pull in low 130's, tent with foil and the temp climbs to near 145 if you cook at about 350 grid.
    We are going to do a couple stuffed ones to go with our Turkeys for Thanksgiving. I cook the stuffed slower and cook to a higher internal temp.
    Have a good night...

Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken,[p]I pull ours off at 145. Cooked direct at 350. I also wrap them in bacon. Good stuff.
  • Spring Chicken,
    There were two tenderloins in the pack. I basted one with some Raspberry Chiposte sauce just before taking off the Egg and the other was pretty much plain with some olive oil and butt rub (very light). Both were very tender and delicious.[p]Thanks much.[p]Sopring "Crossed Over To The Other Side Of The Road" Chicken