Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Here she is...all stripped and pretty...

GriffinGaDawgGriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
edited 8:29AM in EggHead Forum
FirstPulledPork2.jpg
<p />Waiting for a lather of vinegar sauce and looking to lie on my buns...
·

Comments

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    GriffinGaDawg,
    That is interesting counter top. Looks like a hardwood floor. The pork looks good to btw nice smoke ring and tasty bark.....although there does not appear to be much of it....are you full? LOL[p]H

·
  • Yes Huff...that is after two folks had their meals. LOL Also made some Reichlan Mustard slaw to go along with it and elder ward's vinegar sauce. Good Eats!
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    GriffinGaDawg,
    I don't do mayo so I make slaw for myself now when we do pulled pork and take some shredded cabbage and toss it with some of my eastern NC style sauce I make. Has a nice spicey kick to it, is cool and crunchy. Good stuff.[p]

·
  • You'll be happy to know, this had NO mayo in it. dijon mustard, vinegar, peanut oil, hot sauce, celery seed, sugar and salt/pepper to taste. I also shredded a head of cabbage and carrots myself rather than buying the bagged stuff. I was surprised at how good it was for my first try at slaw.
    ·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    GriffinGaDawg,[p]perv[p]
    lol :)

·
  • AlaskanC...[p]Guilty! LOL
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    GriffinGaDawg,
    man that does look like it was worth the wait!!!!!
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • GriffinGaDawg,[p]how many? and what size made up that platter?
    ·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    GriffinGaDawg,[p]Great job - good lookin' bark, there. Glad it finally turned out for you - good things come to those who wait, indeed.[p]Nice table too.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    ·
  • RittmanRod...[p]This was my maiden voyage on butts so I only did one. She was about 6.5lbs. There was a little more than you see in the pic, but I couldn't wait after going 21hrs so I had to eat some before I took the pic. LOL
    ·