Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tortillas for pizza crust

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I remember reading that some had used tortillas for pizza crust. Thinking a real thin crispy crust pizza would be good tonight, as a snack while I cooked other stuff.[p]Any input? I suppose they'd cook really quick and burn easily?

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    41cf240a.jpg
    <p />GMS,[p]Well, you don't have to go as high temp as you would with regular pizza's. Go lighter on the sauce as well as the toppings & I add a light drizzle of olive oil just before going onto the Egg. They take 5 or 6 minutes.[p]All cheese or garlic & cheese ones are very good. For "white pizza's" Ranch dressing instead of tomato based sauces is a nice switch too, especially topped with smoked chicken, garlic & basil, or just tomato, basil and cheese.[p]Of course, any Mexican style toppings are good.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Excellent, thanks for the info. I think I'll play around with some.
  • SkyRider
    Options
    GMS,
    I use them all the time...flour, etc, but favourite is whole wheat/whole grain...which are lo-carb. They are great when you are entertaining, b/c all you have to do is put out the fixings, let your guests assemble their own, & then bring the to the "Godfather" (You @ your Egg) & you cook 'em for about 7-9 min...sort of an "audience participation" dinner party...assume you are using a pizza stone and/or plate setter?...good luck

• JD
    JD Posts: 30
    Options
    We call those quesadillas in California. lol. I did nachos on the egg a couple of nights ago everybody said they were the best they ever had. Did the the meat and beans on the stove, then spread that on a chips with a mound of cheese. Put them in the egg for about 15 min at 350. Wow, good stuff!