Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokin Deal

Options
Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
I've got several, a 9mm and a 45 ACP. Great carry or home defense weapon.  Tough as nails and easy takedown for cleaning.  With SW Mail in rebate, and use of shield code at check out, your final price is 199 with free shipping to FFL of your choice.  You have a day left to get this deal.  Gun needs to be bought by 6/30 for the SW rebate, which can be done online or by mail by 7/31.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/smith-wesson-m-p-shieldtm-9mm.html

Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I might have to buy another. I thought I did good at $329 last year
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I no longer have any firearms.  They were all lost in a tragic fire when my  BGE exploded one night.  But at that price you can't go wrong
    this is a no brainier 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I've never done this type of thing, shipping wise. Always bought local. I do have a CC licence. Does the FFL charge a fee (sure they do)?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I've never done this type of thing, shipping wise. Always bought local. I do have a CC licence. Does the FFL charge a fee (sure they do)?
    Yes. Usually around $20
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    My wife just bought one. Thanks! @Terrebandit

Minnesota
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    No, you do not have to have a conceal carry.  The FFL will charge about 25 bucks.  The one I use in TX charges 30. You can look up FFLs in your town but about any gun shop does it.  Google is your friend.  The PSA site has a search engine on the site to help you find one.  They probably have the one you want to use on their site. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    Glad I could help. Happy shooting. 
    WeberWho said:
    My wife just bought one. Thanks! @Terrebandit

Dave - Austin, TX
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Guys if y'all are on the fence about this go ahead and do it. 

This is a steal even if you have to pay $50 for the transfer and background check (call a trustworthy FFL first and ask for prices!)

If I didn't have blind loyalty to my Glocks (mostly because I swore a blood oath not to bring 1 more magazine in my house) I would pick one up. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• sdiperna
    sdiperna Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you sir just took advantage. This place always costs us money!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Trying to resist.   You have to spend money to save it?   :confused:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is a great deal folks.
    My brother has the 40 Shield.
    I need another gun like I need another grill, damn this is hard to pass up, and I'm an XD fanboy.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Terrebandit, thanks for the heads up. I just pulled the trigger. Hell 2 others that I work with have also made the purchase because of this link. Thanks
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    Glad I could help.  A man can't have too many guns. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,686
    Options
    I swore I'd never buy another S&W product after they sold us out years ago......but for that price I feel like I'm screwing them.  So I ordered one, then the wife ordered one. 

To you IL'ers, Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory just royal screwed you guys over about a month ago.  RRA had to lock down their Facebook pages less than 24 hrs after that BS.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I just saw this. Great deal. I went to buy one and they are Out of Stock. Bummer
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I swore I'd never buy another S&W product after they sold us out years ago......but for that price I feel like I'm screwing them.  So I ordered one, then the wife ordered one. 

To you IL'ers, Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory just royal screwed you guys over about a month ago.  RRA had to lock down their Facebook pages less than 24 hrs after that BS.
    I have a hard time believing Dennis or Chuck knew about the IFMA's BS, and the $ funneling.  They make guns, and do it damn well, it's what we do in the AR Valley.  
    Same goes for my Dad's buddy Les.  He was smart as Fock though, moved his operation to LeClaire.

Worst case, 9 transfers a year is more than I'll need in a year.  Lol
    A $5000 license fee a year isn't much annually in the grand scheme of things for a gun dealer.  Prices would go up a little, whoop-dee-doo!!! 

thetruthaboutguns is like having faith in infowars, or NBC.
    Trust and verify.  One cannot do that with Democrats John.  You know this, man.

I'll remain calm, and carry on.  

You'll have to remove the Operator from my cold, dead, hands.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Focker tell lil focker to keep that finger straight until he has sight picture and sight alignment! That's how holes end up in the quarter panel of grandpa's truck!!!  (Can you tell I learned a valuable lesson on NDs as a child???)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Also TTAG should be shut down. How they still find people to write for them I will never know. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Focker tell lil focker to keep that finger straight until he has sight picture and sight alignment! That's how holes end up in the quarter panel of grandpa's truck!!!  (Can you tell I learned a valuable lesson on NDs as a child???)
    LOL, good stuff!  :) 

He's growing so damn fast.  Was going to get him an Operator III down the road, but I may just give him that, and get something else.....maybe a LMT.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Also TTAG should be shut down. How they still find people to write for them I will never know. 
    I could not agree with this more my friend.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Focker if you are buying kids LMTs I am up for adoption. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Focker if you are buying kids LMTs I am up for adoption. 

Oh no, it would be for me.  But then again, I'm a kid too.  =)

I'll still take you in.  You have much better toys.  We'll share. B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I'm still holding what's left of my gun $$$$ on the LWRC 45 Sub gun. 

Its back in R&D for the Gen 7th time. Sounds like it's creator took his secrets with him when he quit. But I have faith. It will be the greatest HD gun ever made. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Focker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Another thing.
    It's always good to see how companies respond, what they do, when the sh!t gets really real.

My XDs was recalled for FTEs, FTFs.
    Springer owned up.....and took a major, major financial hit, putting out the recall.  They didn't have to.  Why did they?  It was the right thing to do.

Gunnutjobs stroked out.  You know, the AR family houseclearing drill types.  "I will never buy a SA again", "I will never carry a recalled gun" yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, Fockin blah.

Again, no need to panic.  My 45 never had issues, but we drove them out to the plant.
    They even sent my gun back in a new case, and a new mag of my choice.  It's a great gun.  You have to rack it like a man, but zero FTEs or FTFs.

My BBQ Dragon Wing was bent.  Not a dealbreaker, worked fine, but I sent an email just to feel them out.  They responded, sent me a new one.  

To me, THAT, speaks volumes.....makes you stand behind them even more.

The gunnutjob lynchmob stroked when it took days for Springer and RRA to respond.  You know why?  They truly did not know wtf to do in that epic sh!tstorm.  They reeled, and I don't blame them.  

They are simpletons, with a lot of $$$...have met both Dennis and Chuck on separate occasions.   I'm pretty sure you know the history between the two, and Chuck's brother.  They're not the greatest businessmen, they aren't politicians, but they were/are/will be, really good at making decent guns for a decent price.  It's pretty hard to Fock up a business when you put out a decent product and the money rolls in....the guns sell themselves.  

I will not panic, and stand firm, standing behind them.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities