Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LawnRanger Is Tops

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Had posted something a week back and Mike saw the handle on my Mini (I had burnt the crap out of it years & years ago trying to light it twice with a weedburner, learned to use a Mapp on the Mini). 
He said to bring the handle to San Antonio when we went to Mexico and would redo it. So I showed up with it and another (not burnt) but just as old or older. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Wow, is that some great customer service! Awesome!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wow, is that some great customer service! Awesome!
    Mike is the king of good guys
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice Mickey.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good, Mickey!

This is what mine looked like when new.
     It has weathered a bit since then. Just the other day, I took it off the large and cleaned off the weathered bits. It's ready for some new Tung oil. Pretty sure it's gonna look as good as new.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Since Mike is now retired I wonder if he just might re-kindle his one of a kind handle and tool biz. Very few here probably even know about him, but he single-handedly "handled" many BGEs across the country!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I personally would love to own some of his stuff. Would make great gifts for egg buddies too. Woo him back Mickey, woo him back. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Raising hand.....fortunate enough to own some of his stuff.  They have been great compliments to my egg not to mention conversation pieces.  Hope Mike is enjoying retirement.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.