Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Price check on a LBGE

Options
Been out of the game for a few years. Moved downtown into a highrise and sold my XL because I didn't want to store it. Now that I'm back in the burbs and in a house, I've got the egg itch again! 

Ive not been by a dealer to see the latest prices, so I'd like some input on what this offer may be worth..

Large BGE w/new style bands
Nest
Shelves
Smokeware Cap

The egg is brand new, and has not been registered.

Owner is asking $850. Thoughts?? 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Prices vary depending on where you are located. Technically only the original owner has a warranty, so I wouldn't pay more than half of what you could buy new. Here in GA I wouldn't go higher than $500 for that setup. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    You'd be better off buying a new or demo egg only in order to get the lifetime warranty and finding a nest on Craigslist for $25-50. You can find shelves on CL as well. 
  • SeanP
    SeanP Posts: 30
    Options
    MSRP for the Large is $859, nest $149, shelves $115, SW cap $40?  What's the lifetime warranty worth to you?
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    You said not been registered.  If you can register it as new, and could get it for say 700 that wouldn't be bad.  The big if is if you can register it as new, which I doubt.

Here is a listing from my neck of the woods to make you feel better about any price you might pay.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/for/6177233706.html

Phoenix 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Don't buy it in California, we have the highest Egg prices in the Nation, thou we do have tri tip a plenty ... so i guess it equals out. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.