Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Coho Salmon

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help!!! Our friends are bringing over a piece of salmon that I am going to smoke on our BGE. I have never tried any type of fish before. How long should I cook and what kind of wood chips should I use and should I wrap it in foil? This past week I have been smoking Hatch Red Chile peppers all week and they are turning out GREAT!!![p]

Comments

• alternity
    Options
    BBQ Billy,
    Nicegoing on the score! Since I tend to overdue things I suggest just lightly coat them in a little olive or peanut oil then sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and maybe a few dill sprigs.[p]Use something light for smoke preferably alderwood or maybe light cherry or apple.[p]For one plus inch thick steaks of fillets I'd go about 300 indirect for about 45- to an hour , try to increase temp from 200 to finish temp as this keeps fat from curdeling up to the surface of the fish to a minimum.[p]

• tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    Options
    BBQ Billy,
    We eat salmon quite a bit. I use a little EVOO and DP Raging River. I use one or two alder chunks and cook it at 350 on a grid extender until it looks right. It is great...tom

• okesmokie
    Options
    BBQ Billy, here yego try dizzy pig mapel salmon you cant go wrong

[ul][li]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipes.html[/ul]
  • swamprb
    Options
    BBQ Billy,
    I found a lot of salmon recipes on justsmokedsalmon.com if you have time to check it out. I do a teriyaki salmon that the kids can't get enough of.