Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone 28" on Groupon for $160.00

Options

Comments

• ElkhornHusker
    ElkhornHusker Posts: 493
    Options
    You can get the same thing at most walmarts for 99 bucks or less
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    You can get the same thing at most walmarts for 99 bucks or less
    28s are hard to find, and drying up, my brother wants one now.

The local $75 and $99 deals are long gone, at least in this area.

IMO, $160 is a good deal for the 28.
    All of my BS products are worth their full retail asking price.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    I had to drive 70 miles round trip to buy my 28" blackstone. I had 3 different managers tell me that it is was more money to ship it from 35 miles away than drive it. After owning the blackstone it would have been worth 3* the drive even without a discount. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great product!!  You will not be disappointed 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

Walmart just put the 36" on sale for $263.20.  I had to show the checkout gal the price on my I-phone, since it rang up at a higher price.  She honored the web price, and  I brought it home.  Got tired of shopping for the 28" as Focker is right...no more good deals on those in 2017!

For another $100, the 36 was worth it for my use.

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    I just bought the 28" inch through the Groupon. The $100 deals are long gone in my area too. I just received it, really nice. We will use it a lot soon as my kitchen will be down for 4 weeks due to renovation.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    I just bought the 28" inch through the Groupon. The $100 deals are long gone in my area too. I just received it, really nice. We will use it a lot soon as my kitchen will be down for 4 weeks due to renovation.
    Haha be careful. A "4 week" renovation usually goes 5, then 6, then.. .... ;)