Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10# brisket and cook time range.

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Monday we're having a BBQ feast at work. I'm doing a 10# brisket and my buddy's doing a couple turbo butts. I've done at least 3 briskets and it seems like every one's been different, but at 250°, no foiling about how long could it take to reach the 195-205 pull temp? My first brisket on the egg I swore took 23 hours. Trying to figure out how long it's going to taken because I want to start it early enough to be able to leave my house at 4:25am Monday to head to work. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    With prime cuts I figure around 1 hour/lb running at around 270*F (+/-) on the calibrated dome.  Given your departure time, I would aim to finish and FTC the evening before.  Thus if the cow is being stubborn you can dial it up to punch it home without stressing. (a 4-6 hour FTC is easily achievable).   If the 10# brisket is pre-trim then it will likely be in the 8-9# range when ready to go.  The key is your own recollection...every one is different.  The cow drives the cook.  
    Just be sure to give it around a 15-20 minute cooling rack rest before the FTC and only slice on demand.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    last one i did was a 12.5# prime running 240-250 on at midnight, wrapped at noon, done at 2:30pm
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Killer. Mines turned into a 12# cook. Hungry kids at work.