Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Max Mini found on CL today... Should I grab it?

Options
acolle
acolle Posts: 133
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
Just picked up my first BGE (large) last week. And I love it (been cooking on it everyday since). But I am solo most of the week... And burning through more lump than I probably should. Thinking I might also grab a smaller BGE for a quick burger here or there. Found a Max Mini on CL today a seller won in a raffle. And he's willing to sell @ $400. Never been used. Should I grab it @ that price?
Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Is 100 bucks in savings worth no warranty to you?
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • acolle
    Options
    FATC1TY said:
    Oh. That. I didn't even consider the warranty... Is it for the original buyer only?
  • acolle
    Options

acolle said:
    FATC1TY said:
    Oh. That. I didn't even consider the warranty... Is it for the original buyer only?
    Never mind. 

Google answered that question. 

"Valid proof of purchase receipt from an Authorized Dealer will be required to make a Warranty claim."
  • EggPlant
    EggPlant Posts: 70
    Options
    If you only lived closer.  My dealer has a mini max for $300.  I'm tempted to buy it, but have no use for it.
    Mundelein, IL
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    I love my MM. I would probably try to negotiate with the seller. If it was won in a raffle, and never used, why couldn't the OP register for the warranty? I'm not trying to be sneaky, but....
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Options
    I like mine, and I'm glad I have it.  Did 2 racks of baby backs on it last night, steak and potatoes for 1 mid week.  Probably used less than a quart of lump total.

Minimax and a wood-fired oven.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    acolle said:

acolle said:
    FATC1TY said:
    Never mind. 

"Valid proof of purchase receipt from an Authorized Dealer will be required to make a Warranty claim."
    Is it still in the box? I know some members were able to get warranty on them if they were won or bought off someone that won them. It might be worth asking BGE if possible to get warranty on it. Explain to them it was won in a raffle 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    EggPlant said:
    If you only lived closer.  My dealer has a mini max for $300.  I'm tempted to buy it, but have no use for it.
    Where are you located @eggplant ? I don't have any interest in the MiniMax personally but others would jump all over it for the price. Maybe it was $300 for the mini?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    acolle said:

acolle said:
    FATC1TY said:
    Never mind. 

Is it still in the box? I know some members were able to get warranty on them if they were won or bought off someone that won them. It might be worth asking BGE if possible to get warranty on it. Explain to them it was won in a raffle 
    I'm sure they would probably do so, but openly saying thryll
    honor that type of stuff would tend to lead to more issues for them, and IMO ultimately dilutes the value for people paying the prices they do from a dealer in some instances. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    edited April 2017
    Options
    More than likely whoever provided the MM for the gift got it from a dealer... so just be up front and ask BGE for warranty 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    stantrb said:
    I like mine, and I'm glad I have it.  Did 2 racks of baby backs on it last night, steak and potatoes for 1 mid week.  Probably used less than a quart of lump total.

Can you post a pic of how you got two racks on a mini max?
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    I won my first egg in a raffle. I could have given it away or sold it or whatever and the mothership would not have known who won the raffle. BGE didn't know who won it. If it is new and never registered it shouldn't matter who registers it. 
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Call the mothership and then go snatch it up. There is no devalue here. This egg has been paid for many times over in the raffle. Awesome score.
    Snellville, GA