Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled potatoes with mustard sauce

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
I tried a potato recipe that was really good and thought I would share. We cooked grilled sausage and sauerkraut tonight. I felt like hot german potatoes but was being lazy. I ran across this recipe - what I like is I had an excuse to use up some vacant grill space. The flavors were excellent. 
http://www.afamilyfeast.com/grilled-yellow-potatoes-mustard-sauce/

I also played with my new softbox. This pic was taken with my Canon 5D and 24-70 zoom. I adjusted color temperature and exposure. 

Thanks for looking.
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You're killing it man!  Keep it up.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @bgebrent Thanks Brent. Seriously give those taters a try. The Rosemary/parsley/olive oil marinade by itself was good. With the oil & vinegar mustard sauce it was excellent. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Excellent meal... them taters look awesome 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Looks delicious. The Canon 5D is serious camera. My son has one and it doesn't hinder the photographer at at all.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Mmm. Mmm. That's a sweet spot meal for me. Love everything about it. Thanks for posting. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Looks delicious. The Canon 5D is serious camera. My son has one and it doesn't hinder the photographer at at all.
    Heh. Only the photographer hinders the photographer.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Stealing this recipe - sounds perfect.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Legume said:
    Stealing this recipe - sounds perfect.
    We had it two nights in a row.  It's easy to cook with complex flavor and texture. I hope you enjoy it. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Those spuds look seriously delicious!

Recipe - saved.  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The potatoes look great, and I saved the recipe, thanks!

GREAT looking cook, and thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Never thought of mustard type sauce on taters and I love it on pork. Great pics, too!  Yum!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Just saw this. Man, that's a fine lookin' plate!! Thanks for the recipe!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Now that's a picture. 
    Greensboro, NC