Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT First Hole in One

Options
2»

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    congrats, it is a great feeling.  

I've had one, about 190 yard par three.  

Guys on the green told me I hit the pin on a 310 yard par 4.  Glad that one did not go in,  full field at a mens' golf association tourney.............that would have been a huge bar bill.........lol.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    131 PW was only one. Nowhere near yours but good feeling. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • platypusrex
    platypusrex Posts: 225
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt Thanks brother, nice of you to recall/search for that.

Mine was a 191 yarder, but 290, just dayum. I did lip one out on a 287 downhill par 4 years ago. Congrats @bradk31 !!!
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    Options
    Congratulations. Had one on a 170 yard par 3. Was playing with an 
    Uncle and his boys 13 and 11.  As usual they were fighting about something while I teed off and missed the whole thing. Playing with them did break me of being easily distracted.
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Options
    Congrats.  
    Had one years of go, not on a par 4.  179 yards to the pin.  Launched it just left of the pin allowing for my fade.  It was tracking toward the pin just before going below the crest of the ridge between myself and the pin.  Then suddenly cheers from the adjacent fairway started as two golfers came the other way saw the ball go in the hole.  Come close many times since but no repeats.
    My father had one a week after his 70th birthday and my son had one last year in a practice round right in front of the high school coach.
    We've hit the trifecta.
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Congrats - a par 4 too! I got one probably 6-7 years ago when I was just getting into golf on the short par-3 10th at a local course. Play regularly now and wonder if it'll ever happen again! FIL works with a guy who made 2 in one round. Hope he (and you!) bought a lotto ticket! 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Congratulations!  I bought the insurance for over 30 years for our Toyota and different tourneys for the free car/truck for the first hole-in-one on certain hole. Only gave away one truck but several sets of good golf clubs for hitting on a different hole. I got lots of cool shirts and jackets out of it. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm lucky when I hit a green in regulation.    Nice Job!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95