Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide chuckie

Options
chard
chard Posts: 67
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
Long time lurker but I don't post cooks cause, well, the folks on here have crazy talent and I struggle to just try and soak it all in.  But dinner last night was too good not to share.  On Friday evening I hit the 3.5 pound roast with rosemary, Mexican oregano and pepper, then into the bag for 46 hours at 133, followed by a quick sear on the small (had it going already for asparagus).  Absolutely delicious.  I hope the pictures work and thanks for looking.

Eggin' with a Large and Small
Twin Cities, MN

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks like you nailed that brother!  Great cook. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NEKEgger
    NEKEgger Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm conflicted with Chuck roast and sous vide.  While I love the color you achieved at 133, in my opinion not enough fat renders at that temperature.  But then again I've never done anything close to 46 hours.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    Perfect!
    canuckland
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Great looking cook! Seasoning sounds good too. I've done it a couple of times, 48 hours, 131°. Great flavor, cut with a fork tender, yet not fall apart pot roasty at all. More like prime rib texture.

The only problem I have with mine is all the fat pockets. I want to try the same cook with something like an eye round and see how that works out. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    I do s/v chuckies regularly now.  24 hours at 132 works or me.  I do a cast iron skillet sear at 600 degrees, 60 seconds each side then 30 seconds each side.  Not a lot of fat but what's there provides great flavor, in my opinion.  I picked up 3 last week at Kroger for 2.77/lb. 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit