Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beating the Monday Blues with Ribs and Corn on the Cob

Options
I work from home most days, so today I decided to get some ribs on for dinner.  The ribs are from a local super market and were very meaty with the silver skin underneath already removed.  The corn on the cob was an Alidi find/gamble.  The gamble paid off as the corn was very good.  For the ribs I used BGE's/Dizzy Pig's Kodiak River seasoning.  We usually don't buy seasoning but figured we'd see how it is.  The corn was rubbed with rosemary olive oil and put on with about an hour left on the ribs. I used mesquite wood for the smoke.  The temperature stayed right around 250 for the entire cook.  The ribs were my best ribs yet.  We really liked the Kodiak River rub.  I didn't use a lot of mesquite so it didn't over power anything.  Much more of a smoke ring than the picture shows.  
Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Everything looks good from where I'm sitting (aside from that Stillers tervis).
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice way to start the week!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Everything looks good from where I'm sitting (aside from that Stillers tervis).
    I liked that you called them by their real name. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE