Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for you old cast iron guys

Options
I was visiting with my mother and grandmother this weekend, got to talking about cast iron, one thing leads to another, my grandmother tells me about this old corn bread pan she found in a house they lived in 50+ years ago. And my mom ended up giving me a little #3 skillet with no markings on it. One is the griswold a good piece? 2 does anyone know what kind of skillet this is? 

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    @Focker will be along soon as he gets off duty or wakes up. Bet he can help you!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I can't answer your ? but be damn sure you don't drop that cornbread pan on your bare foot!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options

I have seen a lot of CI talk as of late on the Forum ... I might just get in on all this fun, hopefully it is compatible with my microwave.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• volminimax
    volminimax Posts: 119
    Options
    I can't answer your ? but be damn sure you don't drop that cornbread pan on your bare foot!

That's my granny's old foot. She was standing back. She had a few 10 skillets I had been handling prior to that. She sure didn't want me dropping one of those on her foot, lol.

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

http://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php

I can't search right now, but the above link should help you identify.  

Phoenix 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

I am not the CI Whisperer, but I'd take both of those any day of the week and twice on Sundays!  The Griswold Cornbread stick pan is one I've wanted for years, and finally found one at a local junk shop.

That pan might be an unbranded Gris or the like.  Clean it and cook on it!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options

I have seen a lot of CI talk as of late on the Forum ... I might just get in on all this fun, hopefully it is compatible with my microwave.

If you do microwave it be sure to take a video and post it here for the laughs!
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    RRP said:

If you do microwave it be sure to take a video and post it here for the laughs!
    the sparks and smoke smell means it is going to come out just right.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• volminimax
    edited March 2017
    Options
    blasting said:

http://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php

I can't search right now, but the above link should help you identify.  

I just looked it up. I think it is a Lodge Pan, Post 1960

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • volminimax
    Options
    It would make sense that it is a Lodge skillet. We are about 2 hours from where Lodge is made. Old none the less. Just not as old as I thought. Made in the USA started being put on Lodge in the 1960s. The three notches at 9/12/3 make it a Lodge according to the web site. My Grandmother had some three notch stuff that doesn't have made in the USA, which would make it pre-1960

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016