Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raichlen Pork Belly

Options
DVR'd Steven Raichlen's episode from the local PBS station on Pork Belly.   He used an XL BGE - brand spanking new, too! But, I don't what took longer, cooking the pork or him finishing a sentence...  #snoozefest
Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I watched that one when it aired and the bge was the only thing that held my interest...i like SR but the whole primal cave man thing with the drums in the background is a bit dramatic....
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    I can't stand to listen to him. He is so condescending. He talks like everyone is stupid and knows nothing about smoking and grilling. An I have never, ever heard him say anything about "clean smoke" or letting the VOCs burn off before putting the meat on.
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    I don't understand the hate that some have for Raichlen. His target audience is the curious beginner, not us jaded old smoke heads. He shows that there is much more to BBQ than just burning a piece of meat over hot coals. His recipes are sound and they work.

I like watching his shows for ideas and all the great gear he cooks on.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    One of his books really got me to where I could make decent bbq. For that I'm grateful. 

But now he's more annoying than @nolaegghead

Little Rock, AR

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Along with @Biggreenpharmacist, his show/books are what got me going on BBQ.  I haven't watched or read him in 7 years - or more, but he is the reason i bought a horizontal offset char griller.  I tried many of his recipes/techniques as I started out.  I think his "how to grill" book is where I first found the egg.  Chargriller gone, egg in the stable, found this forum, found out he steals photos, no more Raichlen.  :-)
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • westernbbq
    Options
    We need more BGE demonstrations with Tiffany Amber Thiessen......
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    He has some amazing pictures.  Especially on his twitter and Instagram feeds.  If you're on here enough, some may look familiar.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY CONCUR!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Now THAT'S a happy meal!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Not quite.  Been a while since Ms Kopawski made it happen.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95