Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn direct or indirect

Options
stormyddog
stormyddog Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
so the shrimp is brining and planning to cook them at 350 for just a few minutes but I have to do corn on the cob with them, was just going to husk and soak them then cook them at 350 as well. Can I go direct with corn?
Thanks
Stormy

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    stormyddog,[p]That's the best way! Just keep it from burning by soaking it well and rotating it often. A little bit of carmelization on the corn is delicious.[p] I melt butter and brush it on the ears just before serving and grind on fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. Always good! 12 to 15 min. on the egg should be good.
    Enjoy!

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    stormyddog,
    I tried corn on the cob DIRECT the other night .... just dumped the ears husk/silk and all in a sink of cold water and let them soak for 1/2 hour.[p]Then grilled them direct at 350 for 1/2 or so ... the outer husks will brown and char and the kernels will be happy happy steaming away on the inside.[p]Then took them in the house, let them sit for a couple of minutes and stripped the husk and silk ... came off with very little effort.[p]I think I will do this again.[p]I did another variation a while ago also. Husked the ears and stripped the silk. Then brushed a light layer of Mayo on them ... then sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Wrapped them in foil - did direct at 350 for 30 minutes. This was OUTSTANDING!

• stormyddog,[p]I tend to take themn out of the husk and foil for 1/2 hr. Take them out of foil and cook them a little to brown the kernels. I and my family do not like the taste of the cooked husk...... too strong a taste.[p]Howard