Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Dinner in a Rush - Flank and Corn

Options
hayhonker
hayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The flank I usually make marinates for 48 hours. The corn I usually cook takes 60 minutes.
Tonight I had 45 minutes to cook both right out of the grocery bag....[p]Coated the flank steak with evoo and Raising the Steaks. Let it sit at room temp for 20 minutes while a lump stacked Egg came up to 600.[p]Tossed it on the grill for three minutes a side and then shut the draft door and the daisy. After six more minutes the meat was 145 internal. I plopped it on a cutting board and let it sit.
I put the corn - in husk, not soaked or anything, right on the coals.[p]Turned the corn after 5 minutes. It looked burnt on one side. After five more I pulled it off (looking very burnt from the outer husk) and let it sit on top of the flank steak.[p]This has been 42 minutes since lighting the egg.[p]I let the egg cool to 275 and added a raised grid and some apple wood. Added a hot and a mild fatty for tomorrow’s breakfast.[p]Once those were on, it was time to slice the steak. Thin angled cuts against the grain resulted in tender beef with lots of juicy run-off.
I sprinkled the slices with Cow Lick and then husked the corn.[p]Not caring much for butter, I rolled the corn in the steak juice and then coated with Raging River.[p]This all turned out to be the best 60 minute cook I've done yet.[p]I wasn't able to take pics but it was really an easy cook that turned out way better than you would think thanks to Nature Boys concoctions.[p]Give it a try sometime adn let me know what you think.[p]Smiles!

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    hayhonker,
    Sounds like all went well.
    I always make fresh corn in a rush, which is why I want that 3rd(medium) egg. The small and large are usually taken, so I have to wait to the last minute 'till one of them is free for the corn. But always tastes much better then doing them inside.
    I always read good reviews about flank, so I'll have to try it for the 1st time soon.
    ST

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, Another egg! What will your neighbors think? I hope things are going well with your family and school. See you in Atlanta.
    Charlie

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Jason, I hope that things are well with you and yours as well. Are you coming to Atlanta?

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    ccrider,
    Hey Charlie!
    Yeah I want that medium! Problem is I need a table with it so the cost goes up, so I'll have to wait awhile. I dont think my neighbors mind since they have had samples.
    Things are going better then could be. Finshed the summer semmester and earned A's for both classes. Looking fwd to starting back up come this sept 5th.
    ATL doesnt lok too good right now, but there is a slight possibility.
    Good to hear from ya again,
    ST

• hayhonker
    Options
    ccrider,
    Ya know....I was all set for ATL. Wifey gave the OK, etc, etc. Then my sister went and planned her wedding for that weekend.
    It's a three month engagement for her!!!! I will be missing you for certain.
    My future brother-in-law is ten years older than I.....15 older than my sis...I'm having a little trouble juggling everything all around ya know?
    Anyhooo please hoist one or two for me at Eggtoberfest this year. I may not be there, but I will be here watching for updates and wishing to be part of the show.
    I'm planning on the PA fest, and will bring the family to Florida next year. Waldorf '07 teases as well....
    Smiles!

• hayhonker
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    You still planning on the PA fest? I hope you're not giving $$$ away for a table. I bet some folks on this forum can lend a hand and save you some scratch.

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    hayhonker,
    I would love for a forum member to build me a table for under $300, but that doesn't seem possible...materials and labor...therefore in my case the standard tables are my best option.
    Yeah "we" will be @ PA. "we" meaning the wife and Jr...but still no excuse to not party afterwords!
    Lst year just Corned and I sort of "partied", but that included me falling asleep watching a college footbal game for a few hrs after housing a very large sandwich from the deli across from the hotel...imgagine that; getting food after an eggfest..LOL!
    We just needed that party crowd, but hopefuly this year one can be formulated. Email me for more details on the PA fest...
    ST