Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL+L+L=Thanksgiving

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,043
edited November 2016 in EggHead Forum
If you guys and gals haven't seen enough turkey threads already! =) 

I started the morning out by running up to my parents house and starting their large egg for the Egret ham I prepped at their house the day before. After lighting the egg and stabilizing the temp I tossed on the ham. I than had to get back to my house to light the large for the turkey that needed to be done by noon. After putting on my family turkey on I had to wait a few hours before I could fire up the XL. I needed to stagger out turkey times so I could get up to my parents house for Thanksgiving at noon but get back to my house to take off the turkey for a lady in need by 3pm. The Stoker was an absolute savior. It's so nice being able to control the egg when outside the house. I was able to ramp up the egg to finish in time. Here's some pics:

The eggs doing there thing:

My family turkey finished (Mickeys coffee rub on all 3 birds):

Egrets ham on my parents large:

Plated pic:

Here's the picture of the turkey after cutting out the section where my dog decided to chew on it when not paying attention:

Here's the back story: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1200953/so-the-dog-ate-the-turkey/p1

The XL finishing up the two birds:

It was a fun busy filled day. Always nice to get together with family. I'm tapped out with turkey and I have a whole dog bitten turkey to eat yet!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Justacookin
    Options
    happy it worked out for you to get a turkey to somebody that needed one. plus if I remember right you also have a happy dog.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    What a day of cooking. All of it looks great. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Dang V, some mad multi-egging skills, nice of ya to help the lady out.  Plate looks wonderful.  Nice post.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• sheetmetalpete
    Options
    Nice!  And I thought I had my hands full with 2 Larges with a turkey in each yesterday.  :)
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Multitasking win right there brother!!  Happy holidays!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun with great results! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks killer. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

You deserve a turkey nap Weber.  Nicely done, and extra karma points for cooking for those in need.  

Phoenix 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Some impressive cooking/juggling right there. I've had my share of turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes and gravy the past few days and that plated photo is making me crave it all over again. Great job!
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Options
    happy it worked out for you to get a turkey to somebody that needed one. plus if I remember right you also have a happy dog.
    Hey thanks! @Justacookin Happy dog and he didn't get sick. He hasn't had any type of human food other than a crumb he's found here or there. I figured he'd be down and out for a few hours.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    What a day of cooking. All of it looks great. 
    Thanks much! @JohnnyTarheel It was enjoyable. A little challenging with staggering  times but the pit controllers simplified everything a bunch. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    Dang V, some mad multi-egging skills, nice of ya to help the lady out.  Plate looks wonderful.  Nice post.  
    Thanks! @Focker It almost feels like cheating with the pit controllers. I was eating plateful of food 10 miles away and all I had to do is adjust some numbers on my phone to finish up the turkey back at my house. That's not even right! Crazy.

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Nice!  And I thought I had my hands full with 2 Larges with a turkey in each yesterday.  :)
    Thanks! @sheetmetalpete I bet that was fun playing around with the new large. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
      said:
    Multitasking win right there brother!!  Happy holidays!
    Thanks! @bgebrent I can't take too much credit as I was chowing down eating grub at my parents house while the Stoker was doing any of the real work with the other two turkeys. All I had to do is grab them off the egg once done. Happy Holiday! 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Sounds like a lot of fun with great results! 
    Fun times! @Hans61 Thanks!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Looks killer. 
    Thanks bud! @bhedges1987

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    blasting said:

You deserve a turkey nap Weber.  Nicely done, and extra karma points for cooking for those in need.  

Thanks! @blasting It only took one phone call to find someone in need. Lot's of families in need this time of year. It only took a few hours of my time and it made her whole day. I'm going to grab a couple more turkeys for Christmas with them being so cheap right now and see if I can get another family to help out. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Some impressive cooking/juggling right there. I've had my share of turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes and gravy the past few days and that plated photo is making me crave it all over again. Great job!
    Haha thanks! @StillH2OEgger

Minnesota