Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey already in my belly

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited November 2016 in EggHead Forum
Meal yesterday. Spatched and salted the night before. Simon and Garfunlel rub. 325* for about 2 1/2 hr. 

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Damn that looks good, love the color and the rub!  How was it?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
    Options
    Did well. Went 325 indirect legs to the back somewhat exposed in order to keep the breast under the plate setter. Salted the night before. No salt in the Simon and Garfunkel rub. Was salty enough. Rested 20 after taking off. Legs and thigh separated easy. Pulled the leg bones out clean trying to separate leg from thigh. Will do this method again. 
    Member since 2009
  • Justacookin
    Options
    How big was it. I have one in the oven, and putting an 11LB on the Egg.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful bird right there. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
    Options
    It was 12 - 13#. Mrs. 500 said it was good. Could have pulled at like 155 and been a little moister I think and maybe rested in the salt for longer. Another new trick I tried was before drying and salting, I poured boiling water over the skin. Watched the skin shrink up some, rendering a little skin fat to help crisp it. Worked pretty good but also should have working my hands under the skin to loosen from the meat. Forgot to but it helps with chicken to crisp it more. 
    Member since 2009