Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quantity of Ribs ?

edited 5:18AM in EggHead Forum
I am smoking up some ribs this weekend for a neighborhood party. I plan on going to Sams and getting two packages of Spare Ribs - 6 slabs. In addition a couple neighbors plan on contributing 2 more slabs. The most I have ever done before is 3.5 slabs on my inverted V rack. Am I kidding myself and trying to do to much? [p]Any suggestions would be welcome.[p]Thanks[p]Mav
·

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    20racks.jpg
    <p />Maverick,
    Well, Chef Wil managed 20.....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Wish me luck! I am going for my record also! I have 15 slabs to do on two Large!?? I think I can do it without giving up to much quality. At least I hope so because I have 30 people expecting a lot from the EGG!!
    ·
  • okesmokieokesmokie Posts: 150
    The Naked Whiz,
    did all have bark? were they cooked tender? looks like some would be done while others not. you been doing this for a long time and i dont mean to question you and if this kind of set up works then thats good to know. there are times when i will need to cook more than a couple slabs. but i would like for you to describe the end results.
    thanks okesmokie

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    okesmokie,
    That cook was done by Chef Wil, so maybe he will post his results.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Wow, that looks like more than I want to take a shot at. I should have stated I do have the Large Egg. I am assuming this is an extreme, and that I should be able to figure out a way to get 6 slabs/12 racks of spare ribs on the Large Egg?

·
  • CanuckCanuck Posts: 20
    Maverick,
    Your timing for this questions is great, I have the dilemma, and need to cook about 8 racks. I've got a large and a med, but would like to get them all on the large, indirect with a platsetter, so I can use the med for some burgers and other goodies. [p]Thanks[p]Canuck

·
  • GrilliciousGrillicious Posts: 347
    Maverick, I just did it two weeks ago. I used two rib racks each holding six racks. If your rib rack doesn't hold six you can always lean the extras against the ends or sides of the rack. Then I used Sandbaggers bilevel grid setup with a rib rack on each level. It worked perfectly.

·
  • GrilliciousGrillicious Posts: 347
    Canuck, see my post below.

·