Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone tried "Cardiff Crack" Tri Tip before?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
Found this recipe; http://www.maxgigicare.com/cardiff-crack-grilled-roast/
I have access to Tri Tip now at Wegmans. It's been our go to when we want beef. Thoughts?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Personally I have always gone with dry rub and red oak with tri-tips for the true Santa Maria taste.  Give it a shot let us know what you think 

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Have used a very similar marinade for years with flank steak, same ingredients + a little soy.  Damn good, may have to try on a tri tip.
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    I have had very little success with Tri Tip (bought from Wegmans) until this weekend. Purchased a dry aged tri tip from Roseda Beef, cooked indirect @250 to IT of 110 and then reverse sear to 130 IT. BEST I have ever done!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Trader Joe's Burgundy Pepper Tri Tip is this recipe.  

It's delicious and a huge time saver, as are all of Trader Joe's pre-marinated vacu-packed meats.    

I usually don't buy pre-marinated meats from the regular grocery store because the label shows they add a bunch of crap chemicals as well.  Trader Joe's seems to include fewer crap chemicals in their pre-marinated meats.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My brother in law says the actual cardiff crack is superb.