Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Babyback problem....thanks butcher

Options
CT Grillguy
CT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got home with my Babybacks direct from my favorite butcher. I failed to notice that they were frozen. They're not absolutely rock hard, but are definitely frozen. I really need to get these going in the next 30 mins or so. Any suggestions? Will they be ok to just put on as they are?[p]I was going to do indirect at 225 grid temp rubbed and spritzed with apple juice/cider vinegar. Wasn't sure if I was going to wrap em or not.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    A neat trick for quicker defrosting without putting in water - place on a plastic-lined (for quick clean up) aluminum cookie sheet or sheet pan. The aluminum acts as a big heat/cool sink. The more surface area in contact with the pan, the quicker it will defrost, so you probably want to do meat side down.[p]Michelle

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    mkc,[p]Thanks! Good suggestion. They were somewhat flexible when I put them on, so fingers crossed. They look great so far, but I guess the tenderness could suffer. We'll see.