Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork for a bunch

Options
Buddy and I got talked into cooking pork for 300.  Going to use my friends stick burner and decided to cook loins.  Plan to slice them thin and serve on a bun.  Question: we plan cook at his house, slice at his house, then drive it to town to serve which is only 3 miles.  Planning to put the sliced meat in large foil pans to keep warm but what should be put in with the sliced meat for liquid?
XL BGE

Comments

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think I would just use a vinegar based (NC style) bbq sauce. Either that or there are lots of recipes for "finishing sauce" or "mop sauce" out there that are typically apple cider vinegar based.  I have also heard of people just using apple juice.  Or a combination of apple juice and cider vin. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I'm with SmokeyPitt, a vinegar based finishing sauce or BBQ sauce would be the way to go.  We use a 50/50 mix of Apple cider vinegar and apple juice with a hand full  of our rub to rehydrate pork.  

What at we've found works best is to heat the apple  juice and vinegar mixture up to dissolve the rub.  

Best of luck, and can't  wait to see the pictures of the clock   

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    Thanks guys.  Appreciate the feedback!!
    XL BGE