Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless country style pork ribs - reverse sear

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
These came out killer reverse sear. 250 indirect  until 140-145ish internal, then removed plate setter and cranked the egg to 550 and seared for 4-5 minutes turning every minute or so.

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Good method for those. I bet they were good. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Good way to cook those! I bet they were great.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Man they were awesome. I haven't had much luck with those on the egg up until this cook. On the weber kettle it was no problem but on the egg they can easily turn out "sterile" and not be much fun. I want to try the other style of boneless country ribs too. The long fatty dark meat ones. Heard those are good treated like pork butt, low and slow till 200°.
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Powak said:
    Man they were awesome. I haven't had much luck with those on the egg up until this cook. On the weber kettle it was no problem but on the egg they can easily turn out "sterile" and not be much fun. I want to try the other style of boneless country ribs too. The long fatty dark meat ones. Heard those are good treated like pork butt, low and slow till 200°.
    Correct....the butt cut country style are yummmmmmmmy! Allow some time also...5-6hrs
  • NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    Options
    I use these for pork burnt ends - family and friends love 'em 
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB