Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Take-n-bake

Options
first pizza cook turned out well, however the cookies were less than stellar although the little one enjoyed them.
LBGE, Paris, KY.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Looks good. I've never tried a Kirkland as we are not members of Costco, but I regularly rotate take and bakes from Nick 'n Willy and Papa Murphy with my home made pizzas. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    RRP said:
    Looks good. I've never tried a Kirkland as we are not members of Costco, but I regularly rotate take and bakes from Nick 'n Willy and Papa Murphy with my home made pizzas. 
    It's amazing how thinly Costco can slice the pepperoni on the Kirkland pizzas.
    It is paper thin. 
  • RRP
    Options
    GregW said:
    RRP said:
    It's amazing how thinly Costco can slice the pepperoni on the Kirkland pizzas.
    It is paper thin. 
    That's funny, but I like it thin as it cooks up better IMO. When I make my own pizzas I buy a Boars Head brand pepperoni stick and slice it thin using a sharp knife...maybe not paper thin but thinner than say those Hormel slices sold in a package.
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    Not to toot my own horn but...toot...toot.  I sliced the mushrooms.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • GregW
    Options
    Not to toot my own horn but...toot...toot.  I sliced the mushrooms.
    And they appear to be uniformly sliced. Great knife skills.
  • hashissmokin
    Options
    Now can anyone teach me how to bake on this thing?...I know...I know...need a raised grid.  Cookies weren't awful.  I just wasn't happy with them.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • GregW
    Options
    Now can anyone teach me how to bake on this thing?...I know...I know...need a raised grid.  Cookies weren't awful.  I just wasn't happy with them.
    I'm not sure I would like cookies off the egg. It would have to be a very neutral charcoal. Smokey flavor I don't think would go well with cookies.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Great looking pie. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    Options
    GregW said:
    I'm not sure I would like cookies off the egg. It would have to be a very neutral charcoal. Smokey flavor I don't think would go well with cookies.
    Not being a smarty*ss, but what temp was suggested for both the pizza and the cookies? It looks like the cookies may have gotten burnt meaning your stone was too hot - but I'm just guessing at this point.
  • hashissmokin
    Options
    Oh well.  Each and every day I closer to perfection.  Guess I'll keep guessing 
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • RRP
    Options
    Oh well.  Each and every day I closer to perfection.  Guess I'll keep guessing 
    LOL - guess that means you threw out the directions! Been there, done that!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @RRP you should join Costco - killer deals!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • RRP
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    SAMS where we have belonged for maybe 20 years is 5 miles and just 2 stop lights from us...Costco is like 18 miles and several DOZEN stop lights so time is an element. Maybe later...sometime.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    RRP said:
    Hans61 said:
    SAMS where we have belonged for maybe 20 years is 5 miles and just 2 stop lights from us...Costco is like 18 miles and several DOZEN stop lights so time is an element. Maybe later...sometime.
    Completely logical. Pepsi vs. Coke
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • hashissmokin
    Options
    RRP said:
    GregW said:
    Not being a smarty*ss, but what temp was suggested for both the pizza and the cookies? It looks like the cookies may have gotten burnt meaning your stone was too hot - but I'm just guessing at this point.
    I followed the directions for the cookies; however, I used my own judgement on pizza 550 degrees for 8 minutes.  Got the temp back down to around 400.  Should have been 350 but it was getting close to the little one's bedtime.  Guess I answered my own question.  The egg, I've discovered is quite difficult to bring down in temp once blazing hot.  Should have taken out the stone for a while to help with the temp reduction.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I put a CI pot of water in the egg to help temps drop faster. Or if using a drip pan I fill it up with cool water. It helps. Still not quick to drop temps once elevated and stabilized.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    I cooked a frozen thin Homerun pizza last night and put it right on the grill grate high in the dome (extender adjustable rig).....I rotated the pizza after 5 minutes at 400 degrees and it came out darn good.  

I dont think you you always need to use a pizza stone.