Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flameboss 200 Cook

Options

Wife bought me the Flameboss 200 with wifi for father's day.  Did a pulled pork cook on it yesterday.  Cooked it 16 hours while sleeping and at work.  The flameboss kept the temp with in 3 degrees +/- the entire time.

Comments

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    Good stuff.  The Flameboss is a winner.
    XL BGE
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    What kind of Wifi does the Flame Boss have?  802.11 N, B, AC ect...

They don't mention the wifi standard the flame boss is using on the website?
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    Jemako3, thank you for the kind testimonial.

We haven't made a big deal about the WiFi standard because a Flame Boss 200 is a very low bandwidth device. It sends a small amount of data to our servers about once per second. The first units we shipped were G standard and the later devices are N. Again, because the bandwidth requirement is so low you will not notice any difference between the two.

Michael Collins, President
    Flame Boss
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    What kind of Wifi does the Flame Boss have?  802.11 N, B, AC ect...

They don't mention the wifi standard the flame boss is using on the website?
    We haven't made a big deal about the WiFi standard because a Flame Boss 200 is a very low bandwidth device. It sends a small amount of data to our servers about once per second. The first units we shipped were G standard and the later devices are N. Again, because the bandwidth requirement is so low you will not notice any difference between the two.

I'm probably running one of the oldest units out there (#21), over a crappy microwave antenna internet signal.  The only thing I notice on days where my internet is dragging, is that it may take a few seconds longer for me to change the temperature or another parameter.  This is me working from a computer on same connection, so it's not just a one-way deal......that action has to go back-and-forth several times from my computer to their server, back to my FB, back to their server, and then back to my computer.  Otherwise, if it's running good that day, or I'm using my phone's 4G to monitor, then it's only a second or so to do anything.
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    Jemako3, thank you for the kind testimonial.

Michael Collins, President
    Flame Boss
    Thanks Mike.  For me was never an issue of bandwidth so much as an issue of range.  Realistically, most B/G wireless signal get pretty weak after 20-25 feet or more from the router through walls.   N and AC have an effective range of 50 - 75 through the exterior walls of a house.  N and AC are also more reliable and less susceptible to interferecez.  

I'm glad to hear you're using N.  My CyberQ wifi uses the wireless B.  It can be finicky to get a signal over to the CyberQ from the Apple AirPort Extreme N/AC. 

BBQ Guru has let the CyberQ Wifi age badly.  The unit has been in need of a refresh for years. 
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring