Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly

Options
I saw Costco has pork belly.  Anyone have any experience cookin em?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Cure for bacon or look for the pig tails thread posted today. Good start there. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I recently made bacon with a 1lb partial slab.  Coated with salt/br sgr/pepper into a ziplock bag and into the fridge for ~2wks.  Pulled it out, dried it off put it back into the fridge open for another 2 days, then onto the egg, indirect 190 for 3hrs with large chunks of hickory, pulled it, cooled it, sliced it, fried it (well a couple of slices that night -- DANG good (see the thread BaconBaconBacon)
  • Fire Walker
    Fire Walker Posts: 241
    Options
    Another option is to order a box of buck board bacon cure and follow the directions on the box makes great bacon from pork butt or pork belly.
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options
    The Costco pork belly I've seen has no rind on it. Cracklings are my favorite part so I've never bought any. It might make good bacon though.  
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015