Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official BGE Covers - Different Styles

Options
I just got a dome cover for my XL and a cover for a MiniMax. I didn't realize until I opened them they are different styles. Both are black but one has a white embroidered logo with no piping and the other has a green printed logo with green piping. The BGE site shows the latter as their newest and calls it a "Premium" cover. It also looks the best in my opinion other than the printed logo. Just a little curious to see which one everyone prefers as I am trying to decide which one I should return so they both match. 
XL BGE, MM BGE, BGE Cooking Island

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Form some reason they change the damn covers all the time. It's really annoying as a retailer. I assume as the consumer as well. 
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I've a 60" table with a cutout for a large Egg. My mini sits opposite it on the other end. 

For several years I bought the mother-ships version of a cover and they ALL leaked as well as being flimsy.

I was up at Lowe's and tripped over one of the generic covers they have that was the right dimensions. $19 and I've not any problems in the last 8 years. It's held up beautifully.

Not paying any of  my massive SS check to Big Green Egg for crappy material. They should stick to building Eggs and forget all of the "fancies" they seem to think are so valuable. Rant over.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Pictures Please.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Coul
    Coul Posts: 111
    Options
    personally, I like the black/green version
    LBGE circa 2016
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Beware the dealer who does not specify the "new" version vs. the "old" that's been collecting dust on their shelves. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• pgprescott
    Options
    Beware the dealer who does not specify the "new" version vs. the "old" that's been collecting dust on their shelves. 
    Sometimes the old stuff is higher quality though. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Sometimes the old stuff is higher quality though. 
    I agree, Pete! My BGE cover style probably isn't even still made - it is a table style and covers my large on one end and small on the other. It is now 16 years old and other than having faded and the plastic is getting stiff it works fine! Back when it was brand new the seams leaked, but I sealed them using a tube of sealant made for tents.  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    Yeah, the dealers definitely don't sell the new ones.  I bought one probably about 6 months ago.  Black with white BGE logo, no piping.  I was looking for the black cover with green logo and piping.  SOL.  Couldn't find it at all three local dealers
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Yeah, the dealers definitely don't sell the new ones.  I bought one probably about 6 months ago.  Black with white BGE logo, no piping.  I was looking for the black cover with green logo and piping.  SOL.  Couldn't find it at all three local dealers
    The distributors will burn through all the old stock. You can't get a new one until your distributor is ready to send you new ones. 
  • hashissmokin
    Options
    The distributors will burn through all the old stock. You can't get a new one until your distributor is ready to send you new ones. 
    guess that's the case.  Not real customer friendly if you ask me.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I don't disagree that it is frustrating. I wish they didn't change quite so often. I just wanted to point out that your retailer is likely not able to control the inventory flow. 
  • hashissmokin
    Options
    I don't disagree that it is frustrating. I wish they didn't change quite so often. I just wanted to point out that your retailer is likely not able to control the inventory flow. 
    No, probably not.  Very frustrating, considering how much money people shell out for their products.
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • SirSteve
    SirSteve Posts: 4
    Options
    I decided to keep the newest green logo branded one just because it looks better and quality-wise they appeared the same. So I went back to the dealer to swap out the white logo one for my XL (they said they didn't realize the difference) and that's all BGE keeps sending as they just got their delivery. So I will try to locate the green logo one elsewhere. They had plenty of Large green ones so it appears they are still in transition with the XL size.
    XL BGE, MM BGE, BGE Cooking Island