Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam Jones BBQ

Options
Took a day trip to the beach and stopped at Sam Jones BBQ in Winterville, NC on the way back home.

They sure know what they're doing.  My favorite was the spare ribs.  My wife and I ate on it and still have leftovers for tomorrow.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Haven't been to Sam Jones but if you go back give B's BBQ a try.  Same basic area but don't think they are open on Sunday's. It's worth a stop.
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    Anyone else see Sam Jones and immediately think of the Boston Celtics?? Yup-I'm old and an old sports junkie.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    @Wolfpack  I like B's very much too, tried that last year.  Do you have a favorite  in the Raleigh area.  I like the Pit and Big Al's in Rolesville.  Was told to try a new place called Picnic in Durham.
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options

Sam Jones is very good!

I also like a little place near Goldsboro, actually Dudley called Grady's BBQ.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    blukat said:
    @Wolfpack  I like B's very much too, tried that last year.  Do you have a favorite  in the Raleigh area.  I like the Pit and Big Al's in Rolesville.  Was told to try a new place called Picnic in Durham.
    I've heard the same re: Picnic. I'll be visiting next time I'm at my in-laws.  We drove by last time I was there and it looked packed.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Acn said:
    blukat said:
    I've heard the same re: Picnic. I'll be visiting next time I'm at my in-laws.  We drove by last time I was there and it looked packed.
    I live in Wake Forest, looking to make a trip to Durham to try it out too.
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That looks delicious. I was at Atlantic Beach this weekend, I wanted BBQ on my way home to Virginia but wasnt sure where to go. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the share!
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke