Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK....Pay it forward!!! (Could sticky this if it catches on).

Options
13»

Comments

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @tgs2401Tom thank you very much for the smoked salt! That was both unexpected and very kind sir! Do you have any recommendations to test it out with?
    I use it on steaks, great flavor!
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Huntnfish72
    Options
    I could use the gasket
  • loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:

Very valuable info! Will speak with the wifey regarding this matter and follow up costs as well. Now lets get back to the pay it forward topic

@bgeaddikt just curious as to if you were able to sell enough stuff to come up with funds? I can't imagine having to sell stuff like that to meet a need such as this. I really hope that her surgery is successful!  I can relate....I have had severe hearing loss all my life and 2 years ago i lost all my hearing in my left ear and then this past Nov lost all my hearing in my right ear...so after 46 years of being able to hear I am deaf. on Feb 2 I underwent surgery for a Cochlear implant. anyway, just praying that her surgery go well and she gains her hearing back, we surly take it for granted! Take care! 
    Brandon, MS
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    @loveTheEgg haven't met that quote yet. Athens Eggfest this weekend but I have to sit it out. I'm waiting on my case from my motorcycle accident to settle soon hopefully to come up with the expenses.
    Austin, Tx
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    Items I posted are gone as well
    Austin, Tx
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Can anyone in Central and South Florida keep an eye out for an XL nest, please?  Mine is going on 10years old and is rusted up pretty good.  I need to replace but don't want to do w the price of a brand new one!  Thank you.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    hopefully Milesvdustin has received his daisy wheel by now. If he's reading this, please let me know.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • DeltaNu1142
    DeltaNu1142 Posts: 266
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Can anyone in Central and South Florida keep an eye out for an XL nest, please?  Mine is going on 10years old and is rusted up pretty good.  I need to replace but don't want to do w the price of a brand new one!  Thank you.  
    Spotted today: http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/5511599724.html
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • tgs2401
    Options
    Anyone have a nest handler for a large nest that they want to sell? 
  • DeltaNu1142
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I didn't say anything on the last post... but now it's a couple of these in a row...

This isn't a "wanted" thread.
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wanted: Ceramic Grill Store's Adjustable Rig with R&B combo.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DeltaNu1142
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    Title should be payback, since its not going forward
    Austin, Tx
  • warwoman
    Options
    I didn't say anything on the last post... but now it's a couple of these in a row...

Thanks! I was about to point that out that the spirit of the thread was offering something, not asking for something or selling something.
  • DeltaNu1142
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    Title should be payback, since its not going forward
    It's not the title of the thread that's the problem...
    warwoman said:

Thanks! I was about to point that out that the spirit of the thread was offering something, not asking for something or selling something.
    I do like these threads. They do a lot of people a lot of good, and bring together folks that would otherwise be strangers.

I gave away a BGE rib rack and cooling rack (PS spacer) to a new Egger on Saturday. When I find more to pass along, I will... but in the meantime, to the people that come here asking for something, maybe you should do what the rest of us did: pony up and buy it, and stop looking for handouts.

Thanks for starting this thread, @warwoman !
  • tgs2401
    Options
  • tgs2401
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @DeltaNu1142 , if you read my post it asks if anyone has an item they want to sell. I'm pretty sure that's not asking for a handout, in fact I think it is offering money for something they aren't using anymore. You may want to be more careful in your rash generalizations.......  

Since @warwoman has said: "that the spirit of the thread was offering something, not asking for something or selling something" I'm cool with that. Of course, she stated it in a classy way that explained in a non-confrontational way her intentions.
  • DeltaNu1142
    Options
    Thank you. In case anyone comes to the pay it forward thread looking for someone to give them money their large Egg nest handler, they're covered.

My objective, however it might have been interpreted, was to help get this thread back on topic. You might note that you weren't the only one posting up looking for stuff in this thread, so as important as it is for all of us to be careful with generalizations, maybe we should also occasionally take a breath and remember it's not always all about you.

All of this almost makes me wanna pay forward my BGE and table.

...almost.  ;)
  • warwoman
    Options
    Thank you. In case anyone comes to the pay it forward thread looking for someone to give them money their large Egg nest handler, they're covered.

My objective, however it might have been interpreted, was to help get this thread back on topic. You might note that you weren't the only one posting up looking for stuff in this thread, so as important as it is for all of us to be careful with generalizations, maybe we should also occasionally take a breath and remember it's not always all about you.

All of this almost makes me wanna pay forward my BGE and table.

...almost.  ;)
    I'll take it..... =)=)=)
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:

Very valuable info! Will speak with the wifey regarding this matter and follow up costs as well. Now lets get back to the pay it forward topic

One other item of interest that we weren't offered prior to having tubes put in my sons ears, what goes in, must come out, and since his tubes didn't fall out, we had to have them surgically removed 1.5ish years after they were put in, talk about a double whammy. Hopefully this isn't the case for you, but the tubes were a necessity for the reasons you mentioned and so far have done the trick for my boy, best of luck with your daughter's.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    We are about to move and we aren't going to take the grill gazebo with us.  Any local Columbia, SC folks want it? It is in decent shape still, but could also use a little TLC.  I recently put some window flashing on the top to prevent leaking.  Also, I haven't used the gazebo's lights in years.  Doubt they can be recharged, and I'm not sure if they even make them anymore.  It's an "Eclipse Backyard Grill Center."  Bar area on both sides. Anywho, it's free if someone wants to come pick it up.  If not, I'll prolly just trash it.  PM me if you are local and interested.  

I jut saw this....did you move it along already? No personal interest...but might know a guy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    @northGAcock , I do still have it.  I am not sure when we are moving yet, but it isn't going with us.  Lemme know if your friend is interested and we can have y'all over for dinner to look at it. 
  • Absolutezer0
    Options
    rosco said:
    I have a draft door and mounting hardware for a small, if anyone wants it.
    Hi Rosco, I'm new to the site but found this thread as I was looking for one of these. Do you still have this available or has someone taken it already?
    Thanks!
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • warwoman
    Options
    Hope nothing bad has happened to Milesvdustin. Even though I show the daisy wheel delivered, haven't heard a confirmation he got it. Hope he hasn't dropped off the face of the earth, or fallen into a xxl BGE :)