Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dedication...

Options
is waking up at 3:30 so you can get two pork butts on the Egg so that your small group from church arrives just as that sweet meat is getting shredded. Now...back to bed.

Comments

• CazualWhiteGuy
    Options
    Just got out of bed at 2:45am to shred a butt that finished at 2 after 14 hours... My butts have gone anywhere from 6-20 hours, just wondering how ya picked now to start yours instead of right before bed or so? I'm not usually in a rush so I just let mine take their sweet time and be done when they're done but seems like you might be in more of a time crunch here. What time ya expecting to have them pulled by?

Good luck! 
    Minneapolis, MN - 1 Large Big Green Egg & 1 Small Big Green Egg
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    They're at 171 and 177 respectively. They'll be done by 5:00 pm at or around the time company arrives. May go without wrapping them this time. 

I have one one rubbed in Dizzy Dust, and one half rubbed in Deez Nuts and 1/2 in Habanero Death Dust. I have never done a 1/2 and 1/2 rub before. Trying to keep the hot stuff separate from the pecan rub. We'll see how that works out. 
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Has anyone tried adding Sorgum to a wrap? I know lots of folks do honey and brown sugar. Never tried adding Sorgum. I have some to use sooo.....
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    There's something that's not in my pantry. Let us know if you try it. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    I'm currently trying it.  :) 

It tastes so much like honey I'm not sure I'll notice a difference 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    If I wrap pork, I do it with stumps pork marinade.. 

I do the same thing though. I want my guests to eat the freshest possible meat. 

Waiting for for your pictures !

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I either out them on earlier and lower or in the morning and hotter. 

No reason to disturb yer sleep!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]