Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q?

Options
Are these worth ponying up the bucks for. Thanks. Are they reliable? 

Comments

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Yes.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Yes and yes.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Flame boss 200 is the way to go.
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Just used mine for the first time last night. Stayed at 250 for 15 straight hours. Didn't move once 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• EggMan13
    EggMan13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I already feel better about buying it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have had mine for about 5 years. It has never failed. However, I only use it for low and slow cooks and I just don't do as many of those as I used to do. If I had it to do again, I would not own one. Too much money, too few cooks. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Other side. I sold my Digi Q and gave away my Party Q. I did not care for them. I did not find a reason to own them. Found I could Turbo anything I would do overnight. 
    It works for me. 
    They both worked fine, just not for me. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.