Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SoCal EGGFest

Options
This June is the SoCal EggFest out in Upland.

Besides a lot of good munchies, I don't know what to expect.    Will I be able to buy stuff, like Charcoal which is tough to find?   Or one of those stainless vent caps?   

You know, goodies for my Egg.

Comments

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    Shad from Outdoor Kitchen Creations is the coordinator of the event.  I know he checks in here from time to time.  I've been attending the So Cal EggFest for several years now, and had the pleasure of cooking at the event last year.  If you are looking for BGE brand accessories, this is the place for you!  Usually, all BGE accessories are sold at a discount.  Shad also includes a few non-BGE items from his store, (looflighters, Dizzy Pig and John Henry rubs come to mind).  Unfortunately, vendors such as Smokeware or Ceramic Grill Store do not attend the event.  Other vendors are on-hand to sell rubs, sauces, tables and beer!

In the years I've attended, I don't recall charcoal being sold other than BGE brand.  I think a lot of that has to do with California laws (Prop 65). 
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Thanks for reply.
    IF more non-egg vendors were attending, I'd CAMP OUT to be first in the door.
    As it stands?    I'll check w/swmbo.   (She Who Must Be Obeyed)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Begger said:
    "She Who Must Be Obeyed"
    You are never going to get a 2nd and 3 Egg with those rules...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    I could swing a MiniMax, since that's good for 2 or even 4 persons.  I use my XL for larger groups.    Yesterday, I made a BUNCH of Bacon Wrapped Kosher Hot Dogs.   Nothing exotic, but it was just So Good.    
    If Egging were my ONLY bad habit, It'd be a snap.