Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Android Foodie Apps

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
Finally bit the bullet, picked up an S7.  
Mixology and Vivino are on board...priorities.  

It has been a big day, retiring my internetless wannabe blackberry. Friends/family are bombarding with pics.  It's been fun.  

Any must have foodie apps?  
A quick sous vide resource would be nice.

Saw a cool Apple app called Harvest, helps with tricks and tips on picking fresh produce, storage.  
Is there something similar for android?

Would really appreciate some guidance.  Thanks
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    what is an android? :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have been fumbling around with this the last couple of hours.  
    I finally caved.  It is nice having my two week continuous twelve hr schedule layed out, not having to count weekends, and then back to the day I may need to request PTO. lol

After an EF2 in my hometown East Moline, without a smartphone, decided to upgrade and get with the times.

I would've continued to drive into it home.  Luckily, we had a smartphone on board, as my mini steed(tacoma) was blowing around the highway.  It was white knuckle rough for 45 minutes out in the middle of nowhere.  Took shelter at my cousins to let it pass.  The weather and GPS will be nice for hunting come fall. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not food related but Pandora or Spotify are cool apps for music. Especially for in the truck. I have the basic free app that have ads but the price is right. My buddy has the $12/month Spotify subscription and he raves about constantly. Nice apps for tunes

Also get a good case for your phone. Definitely worth the expense. I've used the Otterbox Defender the last couple cell phones. I accidentally ran my cell phone over with my truck one time and had it fall off my roof of my vehicle going 30 mph another time. Smashed the sh!t out of my Otterbox Defender cell phone case but the phone didn't have a scratch on it. They've been great cases
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Too many to list really. What are you into?  There's a decent sourdough calculator in the App Store for $0
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    Not food related, but I would suggest getting one of the Garmin GPS units for your bikes.  I have the 510 and can connect it to my android via bluetooth.  It has a cool feature called LiveTrack where it will e-mail a link to whomever I want and show live tracking of where I am.  It gives my wife a little piece of mind while I'm gone on a ride.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Focker
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys, appreciate the tips.  Looking into bike mounts, and music.  

Anova called upon Serious Eats for their app.  Various time/temp guidelines.  The quick SV reference I was hoping for.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have the Weber Grill App and have gotten some great ideas and cooks from it for tailgating. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Earth... Life360... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN