Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware 3" Blackface Temperature Thermometer

Options
2»

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Got it got it, points well made. Mods buffalo my post for being a smart a//. I went through 2 caps and had same shut down result ... That's all. 
    i shouldn't crack on a small business guy trying to make it and do things right with changes.
    apologies...

oh  and I may get a couple of those thermos at some point, 
    Seattle, WA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Got it got it, points well made. Mods buffalo my post for being a smart a//. I went through 2 caps and had same shut down result ... That's all. 
    i shouldn't crack on a small business guy trying to make it and do things right with changes.
    apologies...

oh  and I may get a couple of those thermos at some point, 
    No worries here.  Thats why I like this forum.  Everyone has different perspectives and experiences.

Makes it more fun than just a blog for me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    So which one is better - the adjustable one or the fixed?

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @QDude ... if you don't use the clip, then I don't see any real difference between the two dials.  If you use the clip, then don't buy the one that can be "calibrated".  Sooner or later the dial will be moved, the stem will stay fixed, and the "zero" point will be off. 

On both dials the temperature deviation to dial movement is fixed ... ie a change in temperature of 100* will rotate the pointer 100* on the dial.  The dial that can be "calibrated" allows you to move the 212* point around to align with 212* on the dial.  Since I took off my clips about a year ago, I've never had to use the realignment feature.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max