Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Go to Burger

Options
Doing burgers tonight. Anyone have a good go to when it comes to burgers? 1st time I did burgers I did them high and fast. 500+ degrees for 3 minutes a side. Was thinking about doing more of a slow 300-325 for 15-20 per side. Any suggestions? 

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I just like a simple 80/20 grind lightly patted out and topped with some garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper.
    I just made some indirect at 350 to internal of 160 with foil over the plate setter, letting the burger drip directly on the plate setter generating plenty of smoke. I don't touch them, turn them, nothing. Just take em off at 160. Very moist, tender, juicy and smokey.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Okay. Mix with some about 1 tbs of BBQ rub and 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Make into patties. 450 raised direct until you can slide your spatula under with ease ( about 6 min ) flip and cook 4 min. Top with cheese and a little BBQ sauce - cook for an additional two min. 

If if you can't do raised direct go indirect with the plate setter. That's my fav burger

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    I did some last week with hatch chillies from the freezer on them.  Wonderful burgers!  I only have a few bags of hatch left
    Chester, MD
  • JaybirdQC
    JaybirdQC Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you fellas! 
    Diad- love hatch chillies!