Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best knives for brisket?

Options
What are your preferred knives for slicing brisket? Last time out I had a tough time slicing the finished product. I actually ended up using the electric knife that I had just used on our turkey (it was Christmas day). It was adequate, but left a lot of brisket sawdust on the cutting board. The brisket was actually quite tender so I'm blaming the knife. I've got a few gift cards to spend so I figured I would pick up some bbq accessories. I would like to keep it around $20-40, if possible.

I would also like to pick up a knife for trimming fat on brisket, pork shoulder, etc. Any thoughts on that would be much appreciated.

I know this has been discussed dozens (hundreds?) of times on this forum before, but I haven't posted anything in my 3 years as a member so I thought I would start here. Plus, I'm old, and searching forum histories confuses me.

Thanks for your input. 

Comments