Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Brit Floyd

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
Watched a recent Amsterdam concert, Space and Time Tour 2015, on the local PBS station.  I was shocked, it actually rocked.  For a $100 donation, you get two tickets in the first 10 rows at the Adler Theatre here in D-Port......a little gem of intimate, accoustic, history.  Perfect venue I think for this band.  Thinking about "having a cigar", and checking them out.  Cash would also go to a good cause, supporting the local network.

Like one of my favorite bands, Hairball out of MN, they do these songs justice, done right.  Live and loud.  And I don't need a home equity loan to see them. 
I know it's not the real deal, and kick myself for bailing out on the Division Bell Tour in Ames, IA back in the day.  

Anybody see these guys live?  Would appreciate some honest feedback. 
Thanks
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice buddy, nice! I have a buddy who has seen Hairball I don't know how many times he loves em. Must be good. Enjoy that cigar
  • Focker
    Options
    Nice buddy, nice! I have a buddy who has seen Hairball I don't know how many times he loves em. Must be good. Enjoy that cigar
    Thanks Pete.  They are awesome.  Catching them again in Des Moines Jan 29th.  Can't wait!!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i saw brit floyd and australian floyd about a month apart.  both were excellent.  brit floyd played a little more obscure stuff while australian floyd played more radio friendly stuff.  i would see both again in a hearbeat!

imma huge floyd fan!

some artwork i have in my guitar room

http://imgur.com/a/R5lIF

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I watched the same show on PBS last night and they killed it.  I think I might have to try and grab a couple tickets when they swing through Atlanta in June.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    Options
    Thanks guys, picked up tix.  Looking forward to this one.
    @tonyled
    Nice stuff.  Really dig the first one.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Little Steven
    Options
    I saw the PBS show too. Ordered tickets for the Toronto show in March.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• sstripes96
    Options
    I saw Brit Floyd in Atlanta in April 2014 and they nailed it. The stage show was awesome and the sound was spot on. When the female singers did the solo from Great Gig in the Sky, it brought the house down. She got a standing ovation. I think I paid $45 a ticket compared to Aussie Pink Floyd wanted $200. Id see them again in a heartbeat.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA