Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Brisket - Going Big (and hopefully not home)

Options
13»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @HofstraJet - definitely looks like a home-run.  I don't think the duration of FTC had anything to do with the cooling rate, unless it was cool at the close of the FTC.  
    If the FTC is needed for an extended duration, I would take the brisket out of the paper at the conclusion of the cook and then let it sit for about 15-20 min to stop the carryover cooking.  At that point I would do the foil, towels and pre-warmed cooler thing.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Nice work, sure looks damn tasty
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @HofstraJet   Great looking brisket
    Phoenix 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sliced pics.... The holy grail....where are they? Brisket gods, anyone....am I the only one curious? No famous cazzy sliced on the knife shot? Looked great. But this was a gold brisket, guys not willing to pull the trigger need to see this piece of meat in its glory, and those willing to spend show it off.

please know I'm kind of kidding.... Well done.
    Seattle, WA