Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulling the trigger in central jersey

Options
Beachbum28
Beachbum28 Posts: 50
edited November 2015 in EggHead Forum
Im ready to pull the trigger after much debate. I have been thinking about buying an egg for years. Only one dealer in my area is offering a package for an XL price is 1499 for Egg,Nest,Plater setter, Fire starters and lump at Barry's. Another dealer is a bit of a ride around 50 miles but what i think is a better deal? $1395 cash/check for Egg, Nest,Grip, Ash cleaner, Fire starters and lump at stoveworks. I have talked to others in my area and mentioned i have a friend also interested and they said they would take off $100 both of those places were $1200 for egg and 180 for nest and of the dealers said they would sell me the demo no accessories for $1200. Whats the best deal and does anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy I'm willing to pay cash to get a good the best deal possible  

Comments

• Beachbum28
    Options
    i did not want to high jack their thread i was checking that out earlier, thanks 
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like the add-ons of the first package (Barry's) better.  Which dealer has better service and will handle warranty claims?  I would take service into consideration.  Also, If you and your buddy are buying eggs together then each of you should be able to get the nest thrown into the deal.  Some dealers include the nest 'free with egg purchase'.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    im leaning towards Barry's. They are a 10 mile drive vs 50 miles. I hope to get them to come down a little more ill pay cash to save me more money it has to be worth it though because if i were to charge i would get flyer miles and a year warranty through my card for the whole egg 
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Others chimed in that $1298 was way over priced. Not sure how they would describe $1499.
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    i saw that, I'm gonna try to get them down as much as i can but i don't want to upset them since this is where ill probably be going for most of my needs I'm shooting to get it out the door for 1200 assembled and delivered 
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    No need to use the CC for a one year warranty. Your egg comes with a GREAT warranty. Look on their site to see what's covered and for how long. I have an XL and got it as a package deal. Just remember do you plan to ever put it in a table?  If so DO IT NOW and skip the nest. Also I got a plate setter when I bought mine but wish I had not. Check out the ceramic grill store and see your options. @Beachbum28
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    I bought my Large Egg from Stoveworks in Medford,NJ. Best deal I could find and they are nice people who go out of their way to help you. 
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I am a huge fan of giving to a local business, heck I walk to the store that I buy my egg and eggcessproes from, it's about 100 yards from my house.

but it's ny experience that if you walk in there with the money I hand ( if you have the extra cash, I don't generally like to spill that much cash and buy on credit) but no dealer would turn your cash away for 100 or even 200 bucks in my opinion.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Many people need to realize that nearly every year, the prices go up either on the egg itself or the nest etc... Your deal five years ago is irrelevant. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Came here expecting to read about venison 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    A31unit said:
    I bought my Large Egg from Stoveworks in Medford,NJ. Best deal I could find and they are nice people who go out of their way to help you. 
    Same here. They are a pleasure to deal with.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    I told my dealer what the other shop was selling theirs for, told them I would rather buy from them. They verified the price and met their price.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    I know about the great warranty, I'd be doing it more for the flyer miles. @buzzvol I'm not a hunter but my buddy got a nice buck yesterday day so when I do get this thing some venison will be going on, the stove works people seem nice talking to them on the phone, but it's gonna be hard for me to get down there 50 mile drive and i have been working 6 days a week and they will have to order the Xl and any  extra accessories I want 

• Lecky
    Lecky Posts: 60
    Options
    Have you tried modern propane in Lodi? I've bought 2 large eggs from them $679 each, I think the xl is 900 or 999 I can't remember, anyway they are a great bunch of guys.
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Im ready to pull the trigger after much debate. I have been thinking about buying an egg for years. Only one dealer in my area is offering a package for an XL price is 1499 for Egg,Nest,Plater setter, Fire starters and lump at Barry's. Another dealer is a bit of a ride around 50 miles but what i think is a better deal? $1395 cash/check for Egg, Nest,Grip, Ash cleaner, Fire starters and lump at stoveworks. I have talked to others in my area and mentioned i have a friend also interested and they said they would take off $100 both of those places were $1200 for egg and 180 for nest and of the dealers said they would sell me the demo no accessories for $1200. Whats the best deal and does anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy I'm willing to pay cash to get a good the best deal possible  

Call Max Is Back on RT23 in Butler NJ  (973) 838-1141.He is selling out his inventory of BGE,not going to be a dealer anymore .Super prices .Large Egg with BGE wood table $995.00 ,I think that included platesetter . Other deals too,worth giving them a call .

• Beachbum28
    Options
    i gave max and modern propane a call: Max was 1400 XL egg and nest they have to order, modern propane was 1275 XL egg nest and Shelfs i also drove to Barrys today,still was 1500 but for XL egg,nest,sides they did not say that over phone Plater setter, ash tool lump starters assembled and delivered salesman is gonna call me tomorrow after he speaks to the manger to see if they will take 1395 1200 cash and the rest on the card  
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    edited November 2015
    Options
    i gave max and modern propane a call: Max was 1400 XL egg and nest they have to order, modern propane was 1275 XL egg nest and Shelfs i also drove to Barrys today,still was 1500 but for XL egg,nest,sides they did not say that over phone Plater setter, ash tool lump starters assembled and delivered salesman is gonna call me tomorrow after he speaks to the manger to see if they will take 1395 1200 cash and the rest on the card  
    Surprised Max Is Back will order . Whole reason for sale prices is that he is not going to be a dealer anymore . He has a large egg on a real nice 48 inch Challenger table for under $2000.00 .I believe table alone is $1590.00 . Mini Max with platesetter $449.00 .
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Wow, those XL's are expensive. Got my Large at an EggFest for 833 OTD.  It included everything and they still sell them for that same price three years later!  Do they have eggfests where you live?
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    Too bad max did not have any that was not a far ride form my house, are they haveing any sales on accessories? I don't think they have any egg feats in my area, they used to have some eggs down at the wildwood bbq compation but I did not see any there this year or I would have bought on down there. I'm going to barrys at lunch 1395 Xl egg, nest with tables, plate setter, ash tool lump and fire starters assembled and delivered I think the deal is ok not great but it will do.
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    I'm going to barrys at lunch 1395 Xl egg, nest with tables, plate setter, ash tool lump and fire starters assembled and delivered I think the deal is ok not great but it will do.
    That's close to what I paid at Stove Works, but not assembled. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    they matched stove works price and stove works was not giving me plate setter or side tables for nest, the lump they gave me is wicked good I did not see any bags of BGE is this stuff any good 
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Some here like Wicked Good. I've never used it. It looks like you're getting a pretty fair deal with the plate setter and tables thrown in.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'd take WGWW all day long over BGE lump charcoal. Just preference I guess. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Beachbum28
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with the deal and i was able to keep my business local i did not really fell like making a 100 mile round trip to stove works. I'm glad to hear that about WGWW, i can't wait till sat when i get the xl delivered the rest of the week is gonna drag